Skip to main content
Obtaining a CatCard
- You must be affiliated with The University of Arizona in order to obtain a CatCard.
- Individuals living within the Tucson Metropolitan area must present themselves at the CatCard Office in order for the staff to verify their status prior to receiving their card. For those individuals who have an affiliation with The University of Arizona but work outside the Tucson Metropolitan area, individual policies have been established with each host unit to accommodate their CatCard needs.
- You have the option to have your preferred name printed on your card. To utilize this option, your preferred name must be updated in UAccess Student.
- Your digital photograph must be printed on the face of your CatCard, and will be stored in the CatCard database.
- You may elect to have your photograph removed from the CatCard database after your card has printed
- If your photograph is removed from the CatCard database, you must be present in the CatCard Office with a valid PHOTO ID, and re-take your photo if it becomes necessary to replace your card.
- When replacing a CatCard, a new photo is required if the previous photo is more than three (3) years old.
- Your digital signature will print on the face of your CatCard and will be stored in the CatCard Database.
- You may elect not to have your signature imprinted on your card. Also, you may elect to have your signature removed from the CatCard database.
- If your signature is removed from the CatCard database, and it becomes necessary to replace your CatCard, you must be present in the CatCard Office to re-sign the digital signature. If your signature is not imprinted on your CatCard, it cannot be used to validate your signature campus wide; another form of ID may be required. Should you wish to add a digital signature after the card is printed, a new card will be generated at an additional cost to you.
- The Contactless SmartChip is primarily used for access control. Punching a hole or damaging the card could render it unusable.
- Cards containing a damaged Contactless SmartChip will incur the normal replacement card fee.
- CatCard holders are entitled to possess only one CatCard at any given time. When a CatCard holder receives a replacement card, the CatCard staff will retain the previous card, if available. Previous CatCards will be permanently retired in the CatCard system and will be destroyed to prevent potential fraudulent use.
Charges & Fees
- New Faculty and Staff, as a condition of their employment, are issued their first CatCard free of charge.
- New students and affiliates pay $25.00 for their first CatCard.
- All cardholders pay $25.00 for replacement of damaged cards.
- When requesting changes to the information on the card that requires the production of a new card (i.e. name, University ID#, ISO# or Status), all cardholders pay $25.00 for a replacement card.
- All cardholders pay $25.00 for lost/stolen cards. This fee will be waived when a copy of a police report indicating theft is presented to the CatCard Office, within 90 days of the card issuance. The incident number is not sufficient, a copy of the report must be presented.
- With regard to any financial obligation owed to the University of Arizona and incurred by you through the use of your CatCard, The University of Arizona may at its sole discretion utilize the services of an external collection agency or law firm to collect any remaining unpaid portion or balance owed. You acknowledge, understand and hereby agree that you are solely responsible for any and all collection costs (including reasonable attorney fees) charged by an external collection agency for the collection of any amount not paid when due and further authorize The University of Arizona to add all collection costs to the balance of your unpaid obligation.